Saturday, June 6, 2009

Follow the Yellow Brick Road


Psalm 3 

 1 O LORD, how many are my foes! 
       How many rise up against me!

 2 Many are saying of me, 
       "God will not deliver him." 
       Selah 

 3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD; 
       you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

 4 To the LORD I cry aloud, 
       and he answers me from his holy hill. 
       Selah

 5 I lie down and sleep; 
       I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

 6 I will not fear the tens of thousands 
       drawn up against me on every side.

 7 Arise, O LORD! 
       Deliver me, O my God! 
       Strike all my enemies on the jaw; 
       break the teeth of the wicked.

 8 From the LORD comes deliverance. 
       May your blessing be on your people. 
       Selah

The only difference is- it's not others that are rising against me, it's me rising against myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment