Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Set list





























All creatures of our God and King (David Crowder)
~ Shout to the Lord (Darlene Zschech)
~ Better is one Day in your courts
~ Blessed be the name of the Lord

We can try so hard to have the best service ever, yet we never really ever get there.

This sunday I learned about the power of prayer and the power of God, how he can take our week attempts to pray and serve him and turn them into something only He can do. Rehearsal on Wednesday broke me down, I felt like such a failure. We spent 30 minutes on one song and struggled the whole way through it. I was very distraught afterwards, and really wondered how this morning would go. I began to read what I call the Christian Artist Bible, "The heart of the artist", it was partially for a class and partially for comfort. I decided to read a section to my band this morning about perfection. It was about how God still uses us even if we mess up and a song goes wrong. I explained that I am way more concerned with the fact that they are growing in Christ and using their talents as an expression of that then wether or not a song we play is perfect. Well, God not only uses bad song but also bad Bible studies. I was very tired from the night before and a bit irritable, so I am afraid my words came off a little to pointed and strong. Yet, I loved it when the band and I all went into the chapel and were able to pray together. Something that I started last week and I am very pleased with. Also, Worship went very well this morning, despite all of my short falls. God has truly blessed me with a talented band and a wonderful job!

No comments:

Post a Comment